Award winning YA & children’s author, Kaz Delaney, and her alter ego, Kerri Lane have currently sold 70 books between them.
Kaz’s current title ‘Dead, Actually’ (Allen & Unwin) is the recipient the ARRA Award for Favourite Paranormal for 2012, and the Aurealis Award for Best Young Adult Novel for 2012, and was long listed for a Davitt Award in the children’s/YA section. Dividing her time between teaching and writing, Kaz formerly tutored Creative Writing for CSU’s Enrichment Program as well as teaching and creating courses for the Australian College of Journalism. ‘Almost Dead’, was a January 2014 release.
As Kerri, she is best known for the almost 60 humorous works. While many are for the Education Market with intriguing titles such as ‘How do you hide a crocodile?’; ‘Yikes it’s Yabbies’; ‘UFAs – Unidentified Flying Animals’; ‘Diary of a Stinky Kid’; Her Royal Behindness & Louie the Spy to name a few, her story Pedro & the Perilous Paintbrush will appear in the nextStories for Boys & Girls with Random House. Her most recent release is a Choose your Own adventure entitled, “The (Not So) Greatest Show on Earth”, available from Booktopia .
Classroom workshops from Infants to Year 12.
- The secrets to creating intriguing beginnings and endings
- Creating interesting characters and finding their stories
- The 1-2-3 Story plan. 3 steps to a full story!
- Story Structure – analysing Harry Potter.
- Avoiding all the clichéd mistakes. Write a story that stands out.
- Special days: Sensory writing – descriptions that bring your work to life
- G & T days
- Reluctant Writer days